Friday, November 17, 2006

Bo Schembechler pulls an Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope




That's right. I truly believe that Bo Schembechler let himself die so that his spirit could compel the Michigan Wolverines to victory over Ohio State in Columbus. I'm a diehard OSU fan, and my reaction when I heard the news was "uh oh". Talk about your motivation.

Actually, I feel the loss of Bo pretty acutely. Tomorrow is probably the biggest regular season football game in history - when the big game is truly The Big Game - and I was ready for a truly great performance on both sides. Bo should have enjoyed it and I should have enjoyed cheering against Michigan more than I ever have in the 30th Michigan-OSU game of my life. Now I'm worried the Force is with Michigan.

At least my rational side knows that this is the best Buckeye team in years. If we win, we win big. We keep the turnover margin in our favor, we win. Give me the Buckeyes, 27-13, but we really need to carry Woody Hayes ashes with us to dot the I in Script Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home